The Occupational Safety and Health Center Regional Extension Unit 5 will be conducting weekly Free Online Basic Occupational Safety and Health Training Course for Safety Officer I via Zoom on the following dates:
- April 6-7, 2021
- April 13-14, 2021
- April 21-22, 2020
- April 29-30, 2021
BOSH FOR SO1
BOSH for SO1 is an 8-hour occupational safety & health orientation plus 2-hour Training of Trainers designed to impart knowledge & skills on basic concepts & principles of OSH to enable potential safety officers to implement their company’s OSH program. This FREE online training is an effort of the DOLE-OSHC dedicated to the Micro, Small to Medium Enterprises (MSME) affected by the pandemic.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of OSH, national OSH data, legislations & state legal basis of OSH.
- Define & discuss the general concepts of OSH towards effective workplace OSH implementation.
- Identify safety & health hazards in their workplace & their corresponding basic rules & control measures.
- Perform risks/hazards assessment, evaluation & recommend appropriate control measure.
- Explain the elements of workplace emergency preparedness program & discuss basic preparations for common emergencies.
- Identify the prescribed administrative requirements with their corresponding penalties for violations.
- Explain their roles as OSH trainers & the basic skills necessary for trainers.
- Follow our official facebook page OSHC Region 5
- Interested individuals will be screened through this links:
ONLINE TRAINING ETTIQUETTE
- Wear a decent attire for the all-day showing of your webcam.
- Be respectful.
- Be on time Within 3 working days, check your email for a confirmation indicating the approval or denial of your registration.
- If approved, it will contain reminders & how to join the training. If denied, it will indicate either of the ff. reasons:
- Full slots.
- Company needs 40-hr BOSH/COSH or MOSH (SO2-certification or higher).
- Lacking technological requirements.
- More than 2 participants per company.
- Unemployed registrant.
- Cannot verify the company exists.
- Company is not in the Philippines.
- OH Personnel to train with PCOM (Doctors) or OHNAP (Nurses).